Work With Me
The Integrative Wellness Process
In modern industrial society, dissociation has become normalized, and precious little attention is paid to experiencing the miracle and power of our bodies. “Coming Home” to direct somatic awareness of our flesh and bone, to intimate connection with our ancestry are essentials for both personal and cultural healing.
There are various ways to work with me, from private sessions, to in-depth immersions and mentorship, and regular group workshop offerings. During our one-on-one sessions, we access the “bones” of our ancestral wisdom and through an experiential tour of our inner landscape. Somatic work leads to a more nuanced understanding of where our resources are located, both physically and spiritually, as we expand our tolerance for strong emotions and sensation, and rekindle our innate capacity for trauma healing and grieving.
As we invite more intimacy with our own bodies, we may encounter places of holding or numbness, places that carry ancestral grief, the embodied sites of intergenerational trauma. We work together to create a safe container for unwinding and healing this trauma, developing customized liberation practices that restore patterns of ease and connection. We actively strengthen practices of decolonizing, healing the cultural wounds inflicted by “whiteness” and “modernization.” Through relational work with our ancestors, we become more fluent with the epigenetic resources embedded within each of our lineages.
What you can expect:
- Introductory Meet and Greet: (No charge) We will have an initial 20 minute phone conversation to determine if we are a good “fit” for one another, and whether we will proceed to work together.
- Ancestral Medicine/Lineage Repair: Through guided meditation, visualization and movement practices, I will help facilitate your reconnection with the wisdom contained within your lineages. These practices are deeply somatic and embodied, and move at a pace appropriate to each clients’ needs and capacities. Ancestral healing liberates us from the damaging misconception that deceased loved ones are “gone,” instead fostering ongoing relationship to ancestors. Learn more about the Lineage Repair process, developed by Dr. Daniel Foor, at the Ancestral Medicine Website.
- Ancestral Nutrition: you will complete a food journal prior to your initial consultation session and I will provide an analysis of your diet as part of our work together. Along with a customized nutrition plan and recipes, we will create personalized practices involving various combinations of movement, journalling, meditation/prayer, and other methods for establishing a greater sense of meaning and connectedness
“Ways we can work together:
- ancestral lineage restoration and repair
- connection with ancestral guides
- ritual container for grief support
- somatic movement work
- movement in nature / consecration of nature shrines
- vocal work / sacred songs & wailing
- building grief literacy, expanding emotional range of tolerance
- food journal & nutritional assessment
- inner landscape/experiential anatomy
- guided meditation and visualization practices
- gardening and permaculture skills
- kitchen alchemy recipes and skills
ONE-on-ONE SESSION PACKAGES
- Kickstarter Package: $650
- Initial Consultation (2 to 3 hours)
- Two Follow-Up Sessions (approx 90 min each)
- Maintenance Package: $975
- Initial Consultation (2 to 3 hours)
- Five Follow-Up Sessions (approx 90 min each)
Lifestyle Package: $1,895
- Initial Consultation (2 to 3 hours)
- Twelve Follow-Up Sessions (approx 90 min each)
- Between Session Email Support
Ongoing Session Packages –for clients who have already completed an initial assessment and session package.
- Three session package: $450
- Five session package: $700
- Ten Session package: $1,350
(NOTE: these bulk package rates do not contribute to reparations fund. Please create a custom package if you want part of your fees to help support BIPOC reparations.)
- For clients who wish to do ongoing work, packages can be custom designed, according to financial means, and desire to support our Reparations Fund, which extends this work to Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC), and low-income clients.
- $95-$195 per hour rate. Please pay the highest level possible to help keep this work accessible to others with limited means or historical disadvantages. See Fee Policies for more info.
Reparations Fund: BWell Integrative Wellness values making reparations towards communities which have been historically marginalized and disadvantaged. If the session rates above are beyond your reach as a Black, Indigenous, Person of Color please contact Nala to discuss a gift package for you, courtesy of our Reparations Fund. Space available as funding allows.
Low Income Clients: A limited amount of low-income sessions are available for exceptional clients who are deeply committed to this work. Please contact Nala for trade and other arrangements.
If you cannot make a scheduled session, it is ideal that you reschedule one week in advance–two days minimum notice is required. Cancellations made within 48 hours of scheduled appointment will be charged the full amount.
On the rare occasion that Nala Walla needs to cancel a session within 48 hours, the session will be rescheduled, and you will be offered one free session as gratitude for your flexibility
ANCESTRAL & ANIMIST IMMERSIONS
For those who yearn to integrate this work more deeply, and more ecologically, I offer intensive immersions at our rustic permaculture homestead on Washington State’s incredible Olympic Peninsula. Much more than a “retreat,” you will receive holistic mentorship in earth-reverent living, as we work side by side in the various practical and ritual tasks involved in nurturing an ecosomatic life. For those who want to relate more ancestrally with their food, we will practice preparing local, nutrient-dense foods using traditional methods, with seasonal bounty from our organic gardens.
Our CobHouse is a handmade, nontoxic sanctuary made of clay, sand, and straw, to literally ground and contain our grieving experiences, and invite an enveloping of ancestral wisdom. We are also located very near to dozens of beautiful beaches, forests, trails & hotsprings, sacred places where we can make prayerful offerings to deepen our consecration and commitment to the larger living web of our natural world.
MOON IMMERSION (3 nights)
SAMPLE IMMERSION SCHEDULE:
- EARTH IMMERSION (3 days and 2 nights)
Imagine: You arrive on a Wednesday evening for a sauna in my earthen studio, for some deep getting-to-know-you time.
On Thursday morning, you have a leisurely wakeup window, and we luxuriate in a long session together from 10am til 1 or 2pm.
Then we retire to my homestead kitchen for a homecooked bowl of bone broth soup, lovingly prepared from our fresh garden produce. Satisfied, you take the afternoon to integrate, nap, journal, walk on the beach, make offerings, dance in the rain.
We meet back up for tea that evening to chat before bed.
On Friday morning, we dive in for another session in the 10-1or 2 window.
After which we say our goodbyes, and you’ll have the option to further relish the beauty of the Olympic Peninsula and Salish Sea, or head for home.
- DAY IMMERSION (daylong trip)
If you live nearby, and can take a daytrip, we have the luxury of working face to face for a long session 3-4 hours. This can include either a sauna in my earthen studio, a home cooked meal, or ritual offerings on the beach, after our session.